Town Council Information
Mayor Donald Street
- Third Term as Mayor
- Six years on Town Council
- Retired Post Secondary Educator
- Bachelor of Arts – Atlantic Christian College
- Master of Public Administration – North Carolina State University
- Master of Arts – North Carolina Central University
- Doctor of Education – North Carolina State University
- Past President of Nashville Breakfast Lions, Past President of Nashville Luncheon Lions.
Council Member Louise Hinton
- Fourth Term on Town Council
- Retired English Teacher
- Bachelor of Science – East Carolina University
- Master of Arts – Arizona State University
Council Member Charles Taylor
- Third Term on Town Council
- Retired Business Owner
- Former President of Nashville Chamber of Commerce, Former President of Nashville Jaycees, American Legion Member
- North Carolina National Guard – Honorable Discharge 9 years, Sergeant
Council Member Larry D. Taylor
- Nashville resident for the past 38 years.
- Second Term on Town Council
- Retired from Nash County Sheriff’s Office
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce Executive Board Member – Second Term
- Degrees from Nash Community College in Criminal Justice & Business Administration
- US Air Force – Honorable Discharge 4 and half years, Federal Employee – Retired 34 years, Nashville Police Auxiliary Officer – Retired 25 years, Nashville Fire Department Volunteer Captain – Retired 21 years.
Council Member Michael Coleman
- First Term on Town Council
- Dean of Student and Enrollment Services at Nash Community College
- Vice President of the Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- Pursuing Doctorate of Business Administration – Liberty University
- Master of Business Administration – Liberty University
- Master of Religion, Pastoral Counseling – Liberty University
- Bachelor of Science, Religion – Liberty University
- Associate in Architectural Technology – Nash Community College
- Past Planning Board Member
Town Council Meetings Schedule
- The Town Council meets twice a month in the Council Chambers Complex at 114 West Church Street on the following dates:
- Regular Meeting- The first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm.
- Agenda Meeting – The last Wednesday before the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm.
- Special Called Meetings – These meetings are called by the Mayor or Town Council as needed. Meeting times and locations are subject to change occasionally. Please check notices.
- The Public is always welcome to attend any meeting.
- Procedure to Speak to Town Council at Town Council Meetings
- Public Comments
- The public comments section provides a means for people to address the Town Council on most any matter. Such comments are usually kept to approximately three minutes or less and may or may not be acted upon by Town Council during the meeting.
- To make public comments during a Town Council meeting, an individual must submit a written document to the Town Clerk that includes name, address, and subject ten days before the Regular Town Council meeting.
- Public Hearings
- Public hearings are scheduled as required by General Statutes and per Town Council request. The public does not have to sign up to speak in advance. Comments during public hearings are encouraged to be approximately three minutes or less to allow all who desire to speak on the issue the ability to do so.
- Public Comments